Wii sales turning upwards
After dropping away in 2009, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata claims that the end of the year saw sales of the system recover - the big cheese saying that the release of new games saw business improve.
"I think it's now safe to say the Wii has recovered from slowdown," Iwata explains (thanks VG247).
"But I'm not sure if its prudent to use words like revival and recovery lightly before making absolutely certain we can maintain this momentum. So, I steer clear of such words today."
Apparently, Nintendo sold 3 million Wii consoles in the US last month - more than their previous 2008 peak of 2.15 million. Shares in the firm were up 5.1 percent as a result of this timely boost.
The release of New Super Mario Bros. is credited with renewed interest in the console. More as we get it.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi