NBA Jam to rebound thanks to EA
ESPN has an unlikely scoop on EA's plan to put Midway's old NBA Jam series on the rebound with a new Wii-exclusive instalment.
EA hired series creator Mark Turmell to supposedly helm the new title, which is being marked as nothing more than a rumour by the publisher.
According to ESPN, "Sources also claim that Turmell isn't the only old-school Jam vet being brought back into the mix." That sounds like EA ramping up a team for NBA Jam to me.
Multiplayer action is said to be top priority for the new NBA Jam, which is set for an official reveal in late January.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3