Left 4 Dead available in 8-bit?
In an interesting twist on the Left 4 Dead franchise, indie developer Eric Ruth has produced his own 8-bit spin on Left 4 Dead.
The game, called Pixel Force: Left 4 Dead, is a carefully-crafted NES-style re-imagining of Valve's zombie-holocaust co-op shooter.
In an interview with Big Download, Eric Ruth said of the port: "It's coming along even better than I expected. Of all the bugs, and problems my QA friends have reported, "fun" was never an issue. In fact, the guys have called this my "best game yet." It's very flattering."
Pixel Force: Left 4 Dead can be played either in either single player or two-player co-operative modes and is available for a free download.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive