Left 4 Dead available in 8-bit?
In an interesting twist on the Left 4 Dead franchise, indie developer Eric Ruth has produced his own 8-bit spin on Left 4 Dead.
The game, called Pixel Force: Left 4 Dead, is a carefully-crafted NES-style re-imagining of Valve's zombie-holocaust co-op shooter.
In an interview with Big Download, Eric Ruth said of the port: "It's coming along even better than I expected. Of all the bugs, and problems my QA friends have reported, "fun" was never an issue. In fact, the guys have called this my "best game yet." It's very flattering."
Pixel Force: Left 4 Dead can be played either in either single player or two-player co-operative modes and is available for a free download.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3