Final Fantasy PS3 boost wearing off
The release of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan gave local sales of the PS3 console a timely boost over the festive season, the game selling big alongside Sony's system, which it is released on exclusively in Japan.
From first place to third, the PS3 has now fallen behind the Wii (215,000) in last week's sales chart, as well as the DS (114,000).
The PS3 remains ahead of the PSP still (106,000), as well as the DSi LL (81,000), DS Lite (18,000), Xbox 360 (6,000), PSP Go (4,000) and PS2 (a bit less) - of course.
More hardware news from the land of the rising sun as we get it.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday