Final Fantasy PS3 boost wearing off
The release of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan gave local sales of the PS3 console a timely boost over the festive season, the game selling big alongside Sony's system, which it is released on exclusively in Japan.
From first place to third, the PS3 has now fallen behind the Wii (215,000) in last week's sales chart, as well as the DS (114,000).
The PS3 remains ahead of the PSP still (106,000), as well as the DSi LL (81,000), DS Lite (18,000), Xbox 360 (6,000), PSP Go (4,000) and PS2 (a bit less) - of course.
More hardware news from the land of the rising sun as we get it.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May