Final Fantasy PS3 boost wearing off
The release of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan gave local sales of the PS3 console a timely boost over the festive season, the game selling big alongside Sony's system, which it is released on exclusively in Japan.
From first place to third, the PS3 has now fallen behind the Wii (215,000) in last week's sales chart, as well as the DS (114,000).
The PS3 remains ahead of the PSP still (106,000), as well as the DSi LL (81,000), DS Lite (18,000), Xbox 360 (6,000), PSP Go (4,000) and PS2 (a bit less) - of course.
More hardware news from the land of the rising sun as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer