Final Fantasy PS3 boost wearing off
The release of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan gave local sales of the PS3 console a timely boost over the festive season, the game selling big alongside Sony's system, which it is released on exclusively in Japan.
From first place to third, the PS3 has now fallen behind the Wii (215,000) in last week's sales chart, as well as the DS (114,000).
The PS3 remains ahead of the PSP still (106,000), as well as the DSi LL (81,000), DS Lite (18,000), Xbox 360 (6,000), PSP Go (4,000) and PS2 (a bit less) - of course.
More hardware news from the land of the rising sun as we get it.
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet