Final Fantasy PS3 boost wearing off
The release of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan gave local sales of the PS3 console a timely boost over the festive season, the game selling big alongside Sony's system, which it is released on exclusively in Japan.
From first place to third, the PS3 has now fallen behind the Wii (215,000) in last week's sales chart, as well as the DS (114,000).
The PS3 remains ahead of the PSP still (106,000), as well as the DSi LL (81,000), DS Lite (18,000), Xbox 360 (6,000), PSP Go (4,000) and PS2 (a bit less) - of course.
More hardware news from the land of the rising sun as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3