Connections issues in MAG beta
As promised, Sony has opened up the beta for its massive online shooter MAG to public play; however, early reports tell of connection problems, server quirks, and other issues that are making the road to the game's January release rocky.
The official PlayStation Blog details the steps to set up the beta on your PS3, though further reading of the comments posted on the story are even more enlightening.
Complaints of disconnections abound, but as one commenter with the handle Z3M0G put it, such problems are to be expected.
"So we may be seeing lag and server connection issues for the first time. But that is the point of this beta... to make sure all these issues are ironed out by release day."
Hopefully they're resolved soon since MAG is slated for release on January 26 and 29 in the US and UK, respectively.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network