Connections issues in MAG beta
As promised, Sony has opened up the beta for its massive online shooter MAG to public play; however, early reports tell of connection problems, server quirks, and other issues that are making the road to the game's January release rocky.
The official PlayStation Blog details the steps to set up the beta on your PS3, though further reading of the comments posted on the story are even more enlightening.
Complaints of disconnections abound, but as one commenter with the handle Z3M0G put it, such problems are to be expected.
"So we may be seeing lag and server connection issues for the first time. But that is the point of this beta... to make sure all these issues are ironed out by release day."
Hopefully they're resolved soon since MAG is slated for release on January 26 and 29 in the US and UK, respectively.
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC