Connections issues in MAG beta
As promised, Sony has opened up the beta for its massive online shooter MAG to public play; however, early reports tell of connection problems, server quirks, and other issues that are making the road to the game's January release rocky.
The official PlayStation Blog details the steps to set up the beta on your PS3, though further reading of the comments posted on the story are even more enlightening.
Complaints of disconnections abound, but as one commenter with the handle Z3M0G put it, such problems are to be expected.
"So we may be seeing lag and server connection issues for the first time. But that is the point of this beta... to make sure all these issues are ironed out by release day."
Hopefully they're resolved soon since MAG is slated for release on January 26 and 29 in the US and UK, respectively.
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward