Gaming names get New Year honours
A series of British videogaming names were on the Queen's New Year honours list, with Codemasters boss Rod Cousens, Sports Interactive founders the Collyer brothers, and ELSPA chief Paul Jackson getting nods.
Cousens was rewarded with an OBE (Order of the British Empire), while the Collyers also got MBEs (Member of the British Empire); Sports Interactive is the birthplace of Championship Manager, and now home of Football Manager.
"We are really proud to have been given this honour, which is something we never thought would happen to us," beamed the Collyers.
Jackson also got an OBE, and was boss of EA in Europe before becoming ELSPA chief. More shortly. Thanks VG247.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users