Gaming names get New Year honours
A series of British videogaming names were on the Queen's New Year honours list, with Codemasters boss Rod Cousens, Sports Interactive founders the Collyer brothers, and ELSPA chief Paul Jackson getting nods.
Cousens was rewarded with an OBE (Order of the British Empire), while the Collyers also got MBEs (Member of the British Empire); Sports Interactive is the birthplace of Championship Manager, and now home of Football Manager.
"We are really proud to have been given this honour, which is something we never thought would happen to us," beamed the Collyers.
Jackson also got an OBE, and was boss of EA in Europe before becoming ELSPA chief. More shortly. Thanks VG247.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit