Gaming names get New Year honours
A series of British videogaming names were on the Queen's New Year honours list, with Codemasters boss Rod Cousens, Sports Interactive founders the Collyer brothers, and ELSPA chief Paul Jackson getting nods.
Cousens was rewarded with an OBE (Order of the British Empire), while the Collyers also got MBEs (Member of the British Empire); Sports Interactive is the birthplace of Championship Manager, and now home of Football Manager.
"We are really proud to have been given this honour, which is something we never thought would happen to us," beamed the Collyers.
Jackson also got an OBE, and was boss of EA in Europe before becoming ELSPA chief. More shortly. Thanks VG247.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent