Gaming names get New Year honours
A series of British videogaming names were on the Queen's New Year honours list, with Codemasters boss Rod Cousens, Sports Interactive founders the Collyer brothers, and ELSPA chief Paul Jackson getting nods.
Cousens was rewarded with an OBE (Order of the British Empire), while the Collyers also got MBEs (Member of the British Empire); Sports Interactive is the birthplace of Championship Manager, and now home of Football Manager.
"We are really proud to have been given this honour, which is something we never thought would happen to us," beamed the Collyers.
Jackson also got an OBE, and was boss of EA in Europe before becoming ELSPA chief. More shortly. Thanks VG247.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto