Gaming names get New Year honours
A series of British videogaming names were on the Queen's New Year honours list, with Codemasters boss Rod Cousens, Sports Interactive founders the Collyer brothers, and ELSPA chief Paul Jackson getting nods.
Cousens was rewarded with an OBE (Order of the British Empire), while the Collyers also got MBEs (Member of the British Empire); Sports Interactive is the birthplace of Championship Manager, and now home of Football Manager.
"We are really proud to have been given this honour, which is something we never thought would happen to us," beamed the Collyers.
Jackson also got an OBE, and was boss of EA in Europe before becoming ELSPA chief. More shortly. Thanks VG247.
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: Old Blood a prequel to The New Order
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF