EA cut online servers en masse
EA have confirmed plans to shut down the online servers supporting multiplayer action across a range of sports titles - with 25 titles losing online support in total.
Facing the chop are NBA 07, 08 and 09, FIFA 07 for PS2, PSP and PC, Madden NFL 09 for Xbox, Wii and PSP, Facebreaker; and Champions League 07 for PC and Xbox 360.
We presume EA would 'like' players to move over to more recent iterations of these long-running IPs, and these closures are fairly standard for older, less frequently played sporting titles - which are usually updated year with new releases.
More on this as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year