EA cut online servers en masse
EA have confirmed plans to shut down the online servers supporting multiplayer action across a range of sports titles - with 25 titles losing online support in total.
Facing the chop are NBA 07, 08 and 09, FIFA 07 for PS2, PSP and PC, Madden NFL 09 for Xbox, Wii and PSP, Facebreaker; and Champions League 07 for PC and Xbox 360.
We presume EA would 'like' players to move over to more recent iterations of these long-running IPs, and these closures are fairly standard for older, less frequently played sporting titles - which are usually updated year with new releases.
More on this as we get it.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching