EA cut online servers en masse
EA have confirmed plans to shut down the online servers supporting multiplayer action across a range of sports titles - with 25 titles losing online support in total.
Facing the chop are NBA 07, 08 and 09, FIFA 07 for PS2, PSP and PC, Madden NFL 09 for Xbox, Wii and PSP, Facebreaker; and Champions League 07 for PC and Xbox 360.
We presume EA would 'like' players to move over to more recent iterations of these long-running IPs, and these closures are fairly standard for older, less frequently played sporting titles - which are usually updated year with new releases.
More on this as we get it.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015