EA cut online servers en masse
EA have confirmed plans to shut down the online servers supporting multiplayer action across a range of sports titles - with 25 titles losing online support in total.
Facing the chop are NBA 07, 08 and 09, FIFA 07 for PS2, PSP and PC, Madden NFL 09 for Xbox, Wii and PSP, Facebreaker; and Champions League 07 for PC and Xbox 360.
We presume EA would 'like' players to move over to more recent iterations of these long-running IPs, and these closures are fairly standard for older, less frequently played sporting titles - which are usually updated year with new releases.
More on this as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer