EA cut online servers en masse
EA have confirmed plans to shut down the online servers supporting multiplayer action across a range of sports titles - with 25 titles losing online support in total.
Facing the chop are NBA 07, 08 and 09, FIFA 07 for PS2, PSP and PC, Madden NFL 09 for Xbox, Wii and PSP, Facebreaker; and Champions League 07 for PC and Xbox 360.
We presume EA would 'like' players to move over to more recent iterations of these long-running IPs, and these closures are fairly standard for older, less frequently played sporting titles - which are usually updated year with new releases.
More on this as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3