EA cut online servers en masse
EA have confirmed plans to shut down the online servers supporting multiplayer action across a range of sports titles - with 25 titles losing online support in total.
Facing the chop are NBA 07, 08 and 09, FIFA 07 for PS2, PSP and PC, Madden NFL 09 for Xbox, Wii and PSP, Facebreaker; and Champions League 07 for PC and Xbox 360.
We presume EA would 'like' players to move over to more recent iterations of these long-running IPs, and these closures are fairly standard for older, less frequently played sporting titles - which are usually updated year with new releases.
More on this as we get it.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though