Mass Effect 2 save data detailed
BioWare has finally divulged details on how to import save data from a completed Mass Effect play through to the upcoming sequel, providing hints as to potential plot twists and bonuses unlocked as a result.
Community coordinator Chris Priestly explained in a Christmas Eve post on the BioWare forum that up to 11 saved games can be imported from the first game for use in Mass Effect 2.
As previously announced, key plot choices made in the first game will have an impact on the story in Mass Effect 2; however, you also receive bonuses based on the level of your characters marked in the saved game. "For example, some of these bonuses include a monetary boost at the start of the game or additional research resources for use at the Normandys Tech Lab," Priestly writes.
Additionally, you'll be allowed to change classes when importing a save file without affecting the plot or bonuses.
Mass Effect 2 will be available January 26 in the US and January 29 in Europe.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though