Mass Effect 2 save data detailed
BioWare has finally divulged details on how to import save data from a completed Mass Effect play through to the upcoming sequel, providing hints as to potential plot twists and bonuses unlocked as a result.
Community coordinator Chris Priestly explained in a Christmas Eve post on the BioWare forum that up to 11 saved games can be imported from the first game for use in Mass Effect 2.
As previously announced, key plot choices made in the first game will have an impact on the story in Mass Effect 2; however, you also receive bonuses based on the level of your characters marked in the saved game. "For example, some of these bonuses include a monetary boost at the start of the game or additional research resources for use at the Normandys Tech Lab," Priestly writes.
Additionally, you'll be allowed to change classes when importing a save file without affecting the plot or bonuses.
Mass Effect 2 will be available January 26 in the US and January 29 in Europe.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year