World Cup hits early on PS3, Xbox
Retailer listings for 2010 FIFA World Cup on PS3 and Xbox 360 show EA's unannounced football game preempting the start of the South Africa World Cup with a mid-spring release.
EA has yet to announce a game based on the tournament, but the company released World Cup-branded games so in previous years. In fact, 2006 FIFA World Cup made its debut on April 28 of that year.
An April release would also give plenty of time before the next annual instalment of FIFA, which is expected sometime in October. More details on both games to come in the weeks ahead.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3