Final Fantasy boosts PS3 in Japan
Having sold well over 1.5 million copies, the release of Final Fantasy XIII has given the PlayStation 3 an unsurprising boost in Japan - according to last week's sales numbers.
During launch week, PS3 hardware sales tripled over the previous week, the system achieving sales over nearly 240,000 units - that's in just one week.
The Wii also had a great week with the Christmas / New Year period fast approaching, the console selling nearly 192,000 units.
The DSi was third with sales of 95,000.
Then there's the PSP with nearly 80,000, followed by the DSi LL with 75,000 sales, the DS Lite with nearly 13,000.
The Xbox 360 was well off the pace with nearly 9,000, ahead of the PSP Go (3,000) and the PS2 with just a couple of hundred sales less.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year