Final Fantasy boosts PS3 in Japan
Having sold well over 1.5 million copies, the release of Final Fantasy XIII has given the PlayStation 3 an unsurprising boost in Japan - according to last week's sales numbers.
During launch week, PS3 hardware sales tripled over the previous week, the system achieving sales over nearly 240,000 units - that's in just one week.
The Wii also had a great week with the Christmas / New Year period fast approaching, the console selling nearly 192,000 units.
The DSi was third with sales of 95,000.
Then there's the PSP with nearly 80,000, followed by the DSi LL with 75,000 sales, the DS Lite with nearly 13,000.
The Xbox 360 was well off the pace with nearly 9,000, ahead of the PSP Go (3,000) and the PS2 with just a couple of hundred sales less.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like