Final Fantasy boosts PS3 in Japan
Having sold well over 1.5 million copies, the release of Final Fantasy XIII has given the PlayStation 3 an unsurprising boost in Japan - according to last week's sales numbers.
During launch week, PS3 hardware sales tripled over the previous week, the system achieving sales over nearly 240,000 units - that's in just one week.
The Wii also had a great week with the Christmas / New Year period fast approaching, the console selling nearly 192,000 units.
The DSi was third with sales of 95,000.
Then there's the PSP with nearly 80,000, followed by the DSi LL with 75,000 sales, the DS Lite with nearly 13,000.
The Xbox 360 was well off the pace with nearly 9,000, ahead of the PSP Go (3,000) and the PS2 with just a couple of hundred sales less.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey