Take-Two dropping NHL 2K?
One of the casualties of Take-Two's poor financial performance this year seems to be 2K's NHL franchise.
After a glance over the 2010 release schedule for Take Two the NHL 2K franchise was conspicuously absent. Fiscally speaking, this is a sound move on Take-Two's part seeing as EA's NHL franchise has been winning the battle along the boards and controlling the puck over the last couple of seasons.
Given that they have been burned quite badly by splashing out on the exclusive rights to the MLB franchise, Take-Two seem to be trimming the fat away from their portfolio to concentrate on their more lucrative properties like Borderlands and BioShock.
The 2K official line is: "We are currently in the process of evaluating our sports portfolio and have not announced any new NHL titles at this time."
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3