Take-Two dropping NHL 2K?
One of the casualties of Take-Two's poor financial performance this year seems to be 2K's NHL franchise.
After a glance over the 2010 release schedule for Take Two the NHL 2K franchise was conspicuously absent. Fiscally speaking, this is a sound move on Take-Two's part seeing as EA's NHL franchise has been winning the battle along the boards and controlling the puck over the last couple of seasons.
Given that they have been burned quite badly by splashing out on the exclusive rights to the MLB franchise, Take-Two seem to be trimming the fat away from their portfolio to concentrate on their more lucrative properties like Borderlands and BioShock.
The 2K official line is: "We are currently in the process of evaluating our sports portfolio and have not announced any new NHL titles at this time."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year