Take-Two dropping NHL 2K?
One of the casualties of Take-Two's poor financial performance this year seems to be 2K's NHL franchise.
After a glance over the 2010 release schedule for Take Two the NHL 2K franchise was conspicuously absent. Fiscally speaking, this is a sound move on Take-Two's part seeing as EA's NHL franchise has been winning the battle along the boards and controlling the puck over the last couple of seasons.
Given that they have been burned quite badly by splashing out on the exclusive rights to the MLB franchise, Take-Two seem to be trimming the fat away from their portfolio to concentrate on their more lucrative properties like Borderlands and BioShock.
The 2K official line is: "We are currently in the process of evaluating our sports portfolio and have not announced any new NHL titles at this time."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent