Take-Two dropping NHL 2K?
One of the casualties of Take-Two's poor financial performance this year seems to be 2K's NHL franchise.
After a glance over the 2010 release schedule for Take Two the NHL 2K franchise was conspicuously absent. Fiscally speaking, this is a sound move on Take-Two's part seeing as EA's NHL franchise has been winning the battle along the boards and controlling the puck over the last couple of seasons.
Given that they have been burned quite badly by splashing out on the exclusive rights to the MLB franchise, Take-Two seem to be trimming the fat away from their portfolio to concentrate on their more lucrative properties like Borderlands and BioShock.
The 2K official line is: "We are currently in the process of evaluating our sports portfolio and have not announced any new NHL titles at this time."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter