Take-Two dropping NHL 2K?
One of the casualties of Take-Two's poor financial performance this year seems to be 2K's NHL franchise.
After a glance over the 2010 release schedule for Take Two the NHL 2K franchise was conspicuously absent. Fiscally speaking, this is a sound move on Take-Two's part seeing as EA's NHL franchise has been winning the battle along the boards and controlling the puck over the last couple of seasons.
Given that they have been burned quite badly by splashing out on the exclusive rights to the MLB franchise, Take-Two seem to be trimming the fat away from their portfolio to concentrate on their more lucrative properties like Borderlands and BioShock.
The 2K official line is: "We are currently in the process of evaluating our sports portfolio and have not announced any new NHL titles at this time."
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon