MAG beta open to public Jan 4
Following an extended closed beta testing period that began in autumn, PS3-exclusive shooter MAG will be open for public trials the first week of the new year.
Sony is only opening up the game for public play for a short six-day window: January 4-10. The beta, which offers 64- and 256-player team multiplayer, will be available for download at no cost via PlayStation Network.
Existing beta testers can obviously continue to participate, though you need to update your version of the game to the new one. Fortunately, you don't have to wait until January 4 to do that--the public beta is available for download now for those who were invited to the private beta.
MAG is slated for release on January 26 in the US and January 29 in the UK.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date