MAG beta open to public Jan 4
Following an extended closed beta testing period that began in autumn, PS3-exclusive shooter MAG will be open for public trials the first week of the new year.
Sony is only opening up the game for public play for a short six-day window: January 4-10. The beta, which offers 64- and 256-player team multiplayer, will be available for download at no cost via PlayStation Network.
Existing beta testers can obviously continue to participate, though you need to update your version of the game to the new one. Fortunately, you don't have to wait until January 4 to do that--the public beta is available for download now for those who were invited to the private beta.
MAG is slated for release on January 26 in the US and January 29 in the UK.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year