MAG beta open to public Jan 4
Following an extended closed beta testing period that began in autumn, PS3-exclusive shooter MAG will be open for public trials the first week of the new year.
Sony is only opening up the game for public play for a short six-day window: January 4-10. The beta, which offers 64- and 256-player team multiplayer, will be available for download at no cost via PlayStation Network.
Existing beta testers can obviously continue to participate, though you need to update your version of the game to the new one. Fortunately, you don't have to wait until January 4 to do that--the public beta is available for download now for those who were invited to the private beta.
MAG is slated for release on January 26 in the US and January 29 in the UK.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree