Modern Warfare 2 is UK Christmas number one
Good overcame evil in the race to the music top spot, and now Infinity Ward's world-beating FPS has hung on to take the gaming Christmas crown.
Despite a late surge from FIFA 10, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the UK's official Christmas number one, EA Sports' opus finishing in second place despite a last minute push.
Wii Sports Resort, Assassin's Creed II and Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics complete the top five.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Forza Motorsport 3, Mario Kart Wii, Left 4 Dead 2 and James Cameron's Avatar round out the all-formats top ten. Ho ho ho.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer