Wii sales rocket in Japan
Wii sales for the week ending December 13th have skyrocketed in Japan, Nintendo's console leaping to the front of the pack over the festive gift-buying season.
The PS3 was second, the PSP and DSi close third and fourth.
The Wii managed Japanese retail sales of nearly 136,000, followed by the PS3 on 75,000 the PSP third on 71,000.
Then there's the DSi on 68,000, followed by the DSi LL on the 58,000, the DS Lite on 11,000 and the Xbox 360 on just over 10,000.
The PSP Go and the PS2 conclude the chart with sales of 3,000 and 2,000 respectively.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine