E3 debut for Gears of War 3?
Epic's brash Cliff Bleszinski was coy about his next game when pressed by Joystiq, though it seems more than likely said project is Gears of War 3.
That a third instalment of the mammoth shooter series is in development wouldn't be a shock, though its formal reveal is something Bleszinski is eager to tease.
"Maybe sometime when the weather's warm, you'll be hearing something," he said.
While this mystery title could be a new game, the timing is right for word on the next thing for the Gears of War franchise. It's been more than a year since Gears of War 2 came out guns-blazing, so an E3 debut (it's scheduled for June = warm, summery weather) for the next game could be in the cards.
GDC could be a possibility too (March = warmish spring weather), especially since Gears of War 2 was announced at that conference in 2008. Either way, we'll keep you posted.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year