E3 debut for Gears of War 3?
Epic's brash Cliff Bleszinski was coy about his next game when pressed by Joystiq, though it seems more than likely said project is Gears of War 3.
That a third instalment of the mammoth shooter series is in development wouldn't be a shock, though its formal reveal is something Bleszinski is eager to tease.
"Maybe sometime when the weather's warm, you'll be hearing something," he said.
While this mystery title could be a new game, the timing is right for word on the next thing for the Gears of War franchise. It's been more than a year since Gears of War 2 came out guns-blazing, so an E3 debut (it's scheduled for June = warm, summery weather) for the next game could be in the cards.
GDC could be a possibility too (March = warmish spring weather), especially since Gears of War 2 was announced at that conference in 2008. Either way, we'll keep you posted.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto