E3 debut for Gears of War 3?
Epic's brash Cliff Bleszinski was coy about his next game when pressed by Joystiq, though it seems more than likely said project is Gears of War 3.
That a third instalment of the mammoth shooter series is in development wouldn't be a shock, though its formal reveal is something Bleszinski is eager to tease.
"Maybe sometime when the weather's warm, you'll be hearing something," he said.
While this mystery title could be a new game, the timing is right for word on the next thing for the Gears of War franchise. It's been more than a year since Gears of War 2 came out guns-blazing, so an E3 debut (it's scheduled for June = warm, summery weather) for the next game could be in the cards.
GDC could be a possibility too (March = warmish spring weather), especially since Gears of War 2 was announced at that conference in 2008. Either way, we'll keep you posted.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3