E3 debut for Gears of War 3?
Epic's brash Cliff Bleszinski was coy about his next game when pressed by Joystiq, though it seems more than likely said project is Gears of War 3.
That a third instalment of the mammoth shooter series is in development wouldn't be a shock, though its formal reveal is something Bleszinski is eager to tease.
"Maybe sometime when the weather's warm, you'll be hearing something," he said.
While this mystery title could be a new game, the timing is right for word on the next thing for the Gears of War franchise. It's been more than a year since Gears of War 2 came out guns-blazing, so an E3 debut (it's scheduled for June = warm, summery weather) for the next game could be in the cards.
GDC could be a possibility too (March = warmish spring weather), especially since Gears of War 2 was announced at that conference in 2008. Either way, we'll keep you posted.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone