Half-Life 3 trademark and dev team mentions surface
After making a no-show in Valve's big week of announcements Half-Life 3 has appeared in a couple of interesting places.
Firstly a European trademark filing for Half-Life 3 was spotted at the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market filed by patent and trademark lawyers Casalonga & Associes. Interestingly enough the trademark was filed on the 29th of September the Sunday after the big three announcements.
Next Valve's User Picker software randomly became accessible at the weekend giving the public access to their staff database. This apparently showed two active Half-Life 3 development groups with ten in the core team and 46 in the extended team.
With Valve announcing their new plans to conquer the living room with SteamOS, Steam Machines and their new cutting edge Steam Controller the next logical step would be to have Half-Life 3 and possibly Left 4 Dead 3 in development to complement their launch.
This would definitely give Valve's new plans for Steam a leg-up would it not?
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year