Natal lag could be a deal breaker
Natal is being built up as the next big thing in how you control your games, but there is some concern going around that the peripheral may actually inhibit game development.
While speaking with Develop, Jon Burton of Traveler's Tales, voiced his views and his preference for the Sony alternative which has yet to receive a name. It seems he feels that there is just too much delay in the input of Natal and because of this he says that it will limit which types of games can be played on it. Burton has this to say:
"[Natal is] exceedingly clever, but the lag on the input and lack of physical buttons is really going to restrict the kind of games that can be done with it. Sony's solution will be cheap, accurate and will put buttons at your fingertips, meaning everything from action adventures to FPSes can be handled with the same input."
Of course we must remember that nobody has seen a final version of Natal or what its capabilities are as of yet. So while these things are worrisome it will still be a while before we really see how valid they are. Come back soon for more news as we get it.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny