Natal lag could be a deal breaker
Natal is being built up as the next big thing in how you control your games, but there is some concern going around that the peripheral may actually inhibit game development.
While speaking with Develop, Jon Burton of Traveler's Tales, voiced his views and his preference for the Sony alternative which has yet to receive a name. It seems he feels that there is just too much delay in the input of Natal and because of this he says that it will limit which types of games can be played on it. Burton has this to say:
"[Natal is] exceedingly clever, but the lag on the input and lack of physical buttons is really going to restrict the kind of games that can be done with it. Sony's solution will be cheap, accurate and will put buttons at your fingertips, meaning everything from action adventures to FPSes can be handled with the same input."
Of course we must remember that nobody has seen a final version of Natal or what its capabilities are as of yet. So while these things are worrisome it will still be a while before we really see how valid they are. Come back soon for more news as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year