Natal lag could be a deal breaker
Natal is being built up as the next big thing in how you control your games, but there is some concern going around that the peripheral may actually inhibit game development.
While speaking with Develop, Jon Burton of Traveler's Tales, voiced his views and his preference for the Sony alternative which has yet to receive a name. It seems he feels that there is just too much delay in the input of Natal and because of this he says that it will limit which types of games can be played on it. Burton has this to say:
"[Natal is] exceedingly clever, but the lag on the input and lack of physical buttons is really going to restrict the kind of games that can be done with it. Sony's solution will be cheap, accurate and will put buttons at your fingertips, meaning everything from action adventures to FPSes can be handled with the same input."
Of course we must remember that nobody has seen a final version of Natal or what its capabilities are as of yet. So while these things are worrisome it will still be a while before we really see how valid they are. Come back soon for more news as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer