Natal lag could be a deal breaker
Natal is being built up as the next big thing in how you control your games, but there is some concern going around that the peripheral may actually inhibit game development.
While speaking with Develop, Jon Burton of Traveler's Tales, voiced his views and his preference for the Sony alternative which has yet to receive a name. It seems he feels that there is just too much delay in the input of Natal and because of this he says that it will limit which types of games can be played on it. Burton has this to say:
"[Natal is] exceedingly clever, but the lag on the input and lack of physical buttons is really going to restrict the kind of games that can be done with it. Sony's solution will be cheap, accurate and will put buttons at your fingertips, meaning everything from action adventures to FPSes can be handled with the same input."
Of course we must remember that nobody has seen a final version of Natal or what its capabilities are as of yet. So while these things are worrisome it will still be a while before we really see how valid they are. Come back soon for more news as we get it.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like