Take-Two takes a hit
Take-Two has broken the news that as of the end of their fiscal year (the 31st of October) they were in the hole for 137 million USD. This massive loss has impacted the companys outlook but they look forward to new horizons.
These numbers look sour compared to 2008's result of a 97.1 million USD profit, largely due to the release of GTA IV. But the company's spirit has not been broken, head man Strauss Zelnick gave the following comment on the subject:
"The fact remains that Take-Two is in a fundamentally strong position to build long term value. We have an outstanding portfolio of hit franchises based largely on internally developed and owned intellectual property, a team of extraordinarily creative and talented people, opportunities to extend our business to new media and markets, and the financial resources to support our strategies."
Take-Two also pointed out that Borderlands has sold over two million units and looks to be a promising franchise, so there some bright spots for the company. Thanks CVG.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer