Third place Sony talks tough
Director of hardware marketing John Koller had bold words for GamePro, confidently claiming success with PSPgo and motion controller superiority over Wii and Project Natal.
Koller was keen to take shots at competitors Nintendo and Microsoft when asked about Sony's upcoming and heretofore unnamed motion controller. "I think Project Natal and the Wii are going to have trouble." He contends better family games, shooters, and sports games will put Sony on top.
Oh, but it gets better. Koller touts PSPgo sales as blowing away internal expectations. "We are over-forecast on what we thought we'd be selling on PSPgo, so we've been very pleased."
Following a decrease in PSP sales during October and fifth place finish for the handheld in November according to NPD Group, you might want to put a hold on the cupcakes and party hats.
While Koller does a hard sell in the interview, some optimism is warranted for 2010 with big PS3 titles like God of War III and Gran Turismo 5.
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon