Third place Sony talks tough
Director of hardware marketing John Koller had bold words for GamePro, confidently claiming success with PSPgo and motion controller superiority over Wii and Project Natal.
Koller was keen to take shots at competitors Nintendo and Microsoft when asked about Sony's upcoming and heretofore unnamed motion controller. "I think Project Natal and the Wii are going to have trouble." He contends better family games, shooters, and sports games will put Sony on top.
Oh, but it gets better. Koller touts PSPgo sales as blowing away internal expectations. "We are over-forecast on what we thought we'd be selling on PSPgo, so we've been very pleased."
Following a decrease in PSP sales during October and fifth place finish for the handheld in November according to NPD Group, you might want to put a hold on the cupcakes and party hats.
While Koller does a hard sell in the interview, some optimism is warranted for 2010 with big PS3 titles like God of War III and Gran Turismo 5.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light