Third place Sony talks tough
Director of hardware marketing John Koller had bold words for GamePro, confidently claiming success with PSPgo and motion controller superiority over Wii and Project Natal.
Koller was keen to take shots at competitors Nintendo and Microsoft when asked about Sony's upcoming and heretofore unnamed motion controller. "I think Project Natal and the Wii are going to have trouble." He contends better family games, shooters, and sports games will put Sony on top.
Oh, but it gets better. Koller touts PSPgo sales as blowing away internal expectations. "We are over-forecast on what we thought we'd be selling on PSPgo, so we've been very pleased."
Following a decrease in PSP sales during October and fifth place finish for the handheld in November according to NPD Group, you might want to put a hold on the cupcakes and party hats.
While Koller does a hard sell in the interview, some optimism is warranted for 2010 with big PS3 titles like God of War III and Gran Turismo 5.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3