Third place Sony talks tough
Director of hardware marketing John Koller had bold words for GamePro, confidently claiming success with PSPgo and motion controller superiority over Wii and Project Natal.
Koller was keen to take shots at competitors Nintendo and Microsoft when asked about Sony's upcoming and heretofore unnamed motion controller. "I think Project Natal and the Wii are going to have trouble." He contends better family games, shooters, and sports games will put Sony on top.
Oh, but it gets better. Koller touts PSPgo sales as blowing away internal expectations. "We are over-forecast on what we thought we'd be selling on PSPgo, so we've been very pleased."
Following a decrease in PSP sales during October and fifth place finish for the handheld in November according to NPD Group, you might want to put a hold on the cupcakes and party hats.
While Koller does a hard sell in the interview, some optimism is warranted for 2010 with big PS3 titles like God of War III and Gran Turismo 5.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone