Massive UK Xbox 360 price drop
Two retailers - HMV and GAME - make bold price cuts on Xbox 360 just ahead of the Christmas holiday, bringing the console's price down by more than a third.
Xbox 360 Arcade consoles are now available for 109.97 GBP at GAME and 109.97 GBP at HMV. That's a 50 GBP drop from the original price.
It's difficult to overstate how surprising this sale is, but it's worth taking advantage of if you haven't jumped aboard the Xbox 360 bandwagon already.
There's no indication of how long either GAME or HMV will be offering the console at these prices - neither listing says the price is a limited time offer. While it's hard to believe that such a low sticker will stay through 2010, perhaps pressure from PS3 sales are behind the move.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3