GameStop inspired by big sales
GameStop has released figures for its November 2009 new game, sales and things are looking good for the firm. Fifteen percent better than last year, in fact.
Gamestop VP Tony Bartel had the following to say on the matter: "While some indicators say that new software sales are declining, we are excited to be able to roll out robust offers and incentives to help maximize shoppers' budgets. In November of 2009, we bucked the trend and have continued to gain market share. In fact, our US stores saw a 15 percent rise in new software sales."
Much of the improvement can probably be attributed to some of the hefty Black Friday sales the store hosted, even for the week leading into Black Friday. The stores press release did not give specifics on what games enjoyed heavy sales, only a list of suggested holiday purchases for the gamer in your life. Thanks for the info VG247.
More info as we receive it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year