Dead Space 2 adds online multiplayer
More details of the space horror sequel Dead Space 2 have been outed in this month's GameInformer magazine.
Unfortunately, Visceral Games are being very tight-lipped about the online multiplayer modes but have confirmed that they will be there and they will be fun.
Executive producer Steve Papoutis said coyly: "From the start of this project, we've had a team of people working on this. It's a core feature to the game; we're taking it very serious, as we do with anything in the Dead Space franchise. All I can say is that it's really fun, and you'll get to strategically dismember your friends."
Papoutis also spoke on how they are developing Isaac Clarke's character from his asthmatic dialogue in the first game.
He said: "He's a little bit more of a veteran, and he's going to have a voice. He's going to relate through dialogue and story, and have more of a take-charge attitude this time around."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3