Dead Space 2 adds online multiplayer
More details of the space horror sequel Dead Space 2 have been outed in this month's GameInformer magazine.
Unfortunately, Visceral Games are being very tight-lipped about the online multiplayer modes but have confirmed that they will be there and they will be fun.
Executive producer Steve Papoutis said coyly: "From the start of this project, we've had a team of people working on this. It's a core feature to the game; we're taking it very serious, as we do with anything in the Dead Space franchise. All I can say is that it's really fun, and you'll get to strategically dismember your friends."
Papoutis also spoke on how they are developing Isaac Clarke's character from his asthmatic dialogue in the first game.
He said: "He's a little bit more of a veteran, and he's going to have a voice. He's going to relate through dialogue and story, and have more of a take-charge attitude this time around."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer