Sony: PS3 motion controller not 'Gem'
Word on the street this afternoon has it that the name of the PlayStation 3's motion controller is 'Gem' - that's according to the latest suggestion from EA boss John Riccitiello.
Speaking at the UBS 37th Annual Global Media Conference yesterday, the big cheese apparently slipped up, referring to the new motion control device by 'Gem'.
"In the coming year, both Sony and Microsoft have announced new controllers. Motion sensor controls, Natal and Gem, these are likely to bring new consumers into the marketplace," Riccitiello offered.
Sony were quick to issue denials, stating that "no name for PlayStation motion controller has been announced," but it seems the cat could already be out of the bag.
What do you make of the name Gem? Thanks IGN.
Update: Sony have issued a second statement today, explaining where the name 'Gem' comes from, and hinting that this won't be the final title of the product. "The term Gem was an early code name for the product," big cheese Patrick Seybold tells Kotaku. "We haven't announced a final name at this point."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto