Sony: PS3 motion controller not 'Gem'
Word on the street this afternoon has it that the name of the PlayStation 3's motion controller is 'Gem' - that's according to the latest suggestion from EA boss John Riccitiello.
Speaking at the UBS 37th Annual Global Media Conference yesterday, the big cheese apparently slipped up, referring to the new motion control device by 'Gem'.
"In the coming year, both Sony and Microsoft have announced new controllers. Motion sensor controls, Natal and Gem, these are likely to bring new consumers into the marketplace," Riccitiello offered.
Sony were quick to issue denials, stating that "no name for PlayStation motion controller has been announced," but it seems the cat could already be out of the bag.
What do you make of the name Gem? Thanks IGN.
Update: Sony have issued a second statement today, explaining where the name 'Gem' comes from, and hinting that this won't be the final title of the product. "The term Gem was an early code name for the product," big cheese Patrick Seybold tells Kotaku. "We haven't announced a final name at this point."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light