Zelda, Saboteur close out year
This week brings the last major release of the holiday season, signalling the end of 2009.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and The Saboteur highlight a thin release schedule this week, which means one thing: the end of 2009 is upon us. While a few scattered titles will arrive on store shelves alongside these heavy-hitters, few are likely to garner as much attention.
Historically, games released between the Christmas and New Year holidays sell poorly. That puts Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and Divinity II: Ego Draconis is iffy territory. Both games are expected in the week book-ended by the two dates.
There could be a surprise or two in store for us on the downloadable front. Nintendo's Christmas Day release of the original Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console in 2006 proved a big seller. Any predictions on what might be available this year?
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year