Zelda, Saboteur close out year
This week brings the last major release of the holiday season, signalling the end of 2009.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and The Saboteur highlight a thin release schedule this week, which means one thing: the end of 2009 is upon us. While a few scattered titles will arrive on store shelves alongside these heavy-hitters, few are likely to garner as much attention.
Historically, games released between the Christmas and New Year holidays sell poorly. That puts Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and Divinity II: Ego Draconis is iffy territory. Both games are expected in the week book-ended by the two dates.
There could be a surprise or two in store for us on the downloadable front. Nintendo's Christmas Day release of the original Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console in 2006 proved a big seller. Any predictions on what might be available this year?
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims