Zelda, Saboteur close out year
This week brings the last major release of the holiday season, signalling the end of 2009.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and The Saboteur highlight a thin release schedule this week, which means one thing: the end of 2009 is upon us. While a few scattered titles will arrive on store shelves alongside these heavy-hitters, few are likely to garner as much attention.
Historically, games released between the Christmas and New Year holidays sell poorly. That puts Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and Divinity II: Ego Draconis is iffy territory. Both games are expected in the week book-ended by the two dates.
There could be a surprise or two in store for us on the downloadable front. Nintendo's Christmas Day release of the original Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console in 2006 proved a big seller. Any predictions on what might be available this year?
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April