Zelda, Saboteur close out year
This week brings the last major release of the holiday season, signalling the end of 2009.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and The Saboteur highlight a thin release schedule this week, which means one thing: the end of 2009 is upon us. While a few scattered titles will arrive on store shelves alongside these heavy-hitters, few are likely to garner as much attention.
Historically, games released between the Christmas and New Year holidays sell poorly. That puts Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and Divinity II: Ego Draconis is iffy territory. Both games are expected in the week book-ended by the two dates.
There could be a surprise or two in store for us on the downloadable front. Nintendo's Christmas Day release of the original Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console in 2006 proved a big seller. Any predictions on what might be available this year?
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree