Zelda, Saboteur close out year
This week brings the last major release of the holiday season, signalling the end of 2009.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and The Saboteur highlight a thin release schedule this week, which means one thing: the end of 2009 is upon us. While a few scattered titles will arrive on store shelves alongside these heavy-hitters, few are likely to garner as much attention.
Historically, games released between the Christmas and New Year holidays sell poorly. That puts Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and Divinity II: Ego Draconis is iffy territory. Both games are expected in the week book-ended by the two dates.
There could be a surprise or two in store for us on the downloadable front. Nintendo's Christmas Day release of the original Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console in 2006 proved a big seller. Any predictions on what might be available this year?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3