Hideki Kamiya not interested in Okami sequel
Okami's creator, Hideki Kamiya told Game Informer in a recent interview that he wasn't interested in doing Okami any more. He insisted that Viewtiful Joe is now the only IP he has created that he would like to return to.
He said: "Up until very recently I really felt someday I wanted to make a sequel to Okami, and there were others who wanted me to as well. But then the other day I heard the announcement that someone else would be making a sequel and now I'm just not interested in it anymore. Once someone else touches a world that you yourself created it stops being yours."
Kamiya continued: "There is no point in making a sequel when the world doesn't belong to you. Viewtiful Joe is probably all I've got left. That story is incomplete so I'd like to finish it someday. But that would probably be the most difficult one to do."
Kamiya has just finished work on a little game called Bayonetta which has already seen perfect scores from Japan's Weekly Famitsu and the UK's Edge magazine, and will hit North America and Europe in January.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year