Hideki Kamiya not interested in Okami sequel
Okami's creator, Hideki Kamiya told Game Informer in a recent interview that he wasn't interested in doing Okami any more. He insisted that Viewtiful Joe is now the only IP he has created that he would like to return to.
He said: "Up until very recently I really felt someday I wanted to make a sequel to Okami, and there were others who wanted me to as well. But then the other day I heard the announcement that someone else would be making a sequel and now I'm just not interested in it anymore. Once someone else touches a world that you yourself created it stops being yours."
Kamiya continued: "There is no point in making a sequel when the world doesn't belong to you. Viewtiful Joe is probably all I've got left. That story is incomplete so I'd like to finish it someday. But that would probably be the most difficult one to do."
Kamiya has just finished work on a little game called Bayonetta which has already seen perfect scores from Japan's Weekly Famitsu and the UK's Edge magazine, and will hit North America and Europe in January.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3