Hideki Kamiya not interested in Okami sequel
Okami's creator, Hideki Kamiya told Game Informer in a recent interview that he wasn't interested in doing Okami any more. He insisted that Viewtiful Joe is now the only IP he has created that he would like to return to.
He said: "Up until very recently I really felt someday I wanted to make a sequel to Okami, and there were others who wanted me to as well. But then the other day I heard the announcement that someone else would be making a sequel and now I'm just not interested in it anymore. Once someone else touches a world that you yourself created it stops being yours."
Kamiya continued: "There is no point in making a sequel when the world doesn't belong to you. Viewtiful Joe is probably all I've got left. That story is incomplete so I'd like to finish it someday. But that would probably be the most difficult one to do."
Kamiya has just finished work on a little game called Bayonetta which has already seen perfect scores from Japan's Weekly Famitsu and the UK's Edge magazine, and will hit North America and Europe in January.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date