Modern Warfare 2 still tops in UK
Despite a month in the chart now and the onrush of last-minute Christmas sales, Modern Warfare 2 remains the UK's best-selling game for a fourth week running.
The new Call of Duty is already a record-breaker, busting early milestones set by Grand Theft Auto IV worldwide, while it also holds off stiff competition from FIFA 10 - EA Sports' beast rocketing in pre-festive gift buying.
Last year, FIFA 09 pipped Call of Duty: World at War to the Christmas number one spot in the UK, so it will be interesting to see if Activision can hold on and deny EA a repeat performance.
Assassin's Creed 2 drops to third on the chart, followed by New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Forza 3 and Mario Kart Wii. More on all this very soon.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave