Gearbox trademark Borderworlds name
Borderlands was a major critical and commercial success for developer Gearbox and publisher Take-Two, and it seems the firm's plans already extend far beyond DLC for the current release.
According to Superannuation, Gearbox have this week trademarked the name "Borderworlds".
The series is now regarded as very important to publisher Take-Two's future, so it seems the firm is already ramping up for some kind of sequel or spin-off if this trademark is to be taken on face value.
We'll have more Borderlands news very soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer