Gearbox trademark Borderworlds name
Borderlands was a major critical and commercial success for developer Gearbox and publisher Take-Two, and it seems the firm's plans already extend far beyond DLC for the current release.
According to Superannuation, Gearbox have this week trademarked the name "Borderworlds".
The series is now regarded as very important to publisher Take-Two's future, so it seems the firm is already ramping up for some kind of sequel or spin-off if this trademark is to be taken on face value.
We'll have more Borderlands news very soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3