Gearbox trademark Borderworlds name
Borderlands was a major critical and commercial success for developer Gearbox and publisher Take-Two, and it seems the firm's plans already extend far beyond DLC for the current release.
According to Superannuation, Gearbox have this week trademarked the name "Borderworlds".
The series is now regarded as very important to publisher Take-Two's future, so it seems the firm is already ramping up for some kind of sequel or spin-off if this trademark is to be taken on face value.
We'll have more Borderlands news very soon.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching