Gearbox trademark Borderworlds name
Borderlands was a major critical and commercial success for developer Gearbox and publisher Take-Two, and it seems the firm's plans already extend far beyond DLC for the current release.
According to Superannuation, Gearbox have this week trademarked the name "Borderworlds".
The series is now regarded as very important to publisher Take-Two's future, so it seems the firm is already ramping up for some kind of sequel or spin-off if this trademark is to be taken on face value.
We'll have more Borderlands news very soon.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One