Grand Theft Auto not an annual title
Speaking at the announcement of their fourth-quarter financial results, Take-Two have said that Grand Theft Auto is not best delivered as a yearly release.
Presumably some investors in the game maker would like to see annual GTA games further boost revenues at the firm - but DLC is instead key.
Apparently, Take-Two believe the series is strong enough on its own, and that ongoing GTA IV stories delivered in DLC form are proving profitable.
Take-Two wouldn't comment on further on a new Grand Theft Auto title per se, although rumours abound that the next in the series (number five?) won't be unleashed until 2011. More shortly.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release