Grand Theft Auto not an annual title
Speaking at the announcement of their fourth-quarter financial results, Take-Two have said that Grand Theft Auto is not best delivered as a yearly release.
Presumably some investors in the game maker would like to see annual GTA games further boost revenues at the firm - but DLC is instead key.
Apparently, Take-Two believe the series is strong enough on its own, and that ongoing GTA IV stories delivered in DLC form are proving profitable.
Take-Two wouldn't comment on further on a new Grand Theft Auto title per se, although rumours abound that the next in the series (number five?) won't be unleashed until 2011. More shortly.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny