Max Payne 3 slips at Take-Two
Chatting at the unveiling of their latest financial results, Rockstar owners Take-Two have revealed that Mafia II is on target for release in the first half of 2010, although Max Payne 3 has been pushed back somewhat.
The eagerly-awaited third Max Payne game will now be released in the fourth quarter of 2010, according to word from the game maker, a Christmas release seemingly likely.
"Take-Two has a strong pipeline of titles that remain on plan for launch in 2010, including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption," beams word from the publisher. "BioShock 2 is on target for a global release on February 9, 2010, and Red Dead Redemption is planned for April 27, 2010.
"Mafia II is scheduled to follow during the first half of calendar 2010, and Max Payne 3 is now planned for release during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010."
The firm also reveals that a secret, "unnamed AAA" game has also been pushed back. Who knows what this title was a new Grand Theft Auto instalment?
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release