Max Payne 3 slips at Take-Two
Chatting at the unveiling of their latest financial results, Rockstar owners Take-Two have revealed that Mafia II is on target for release in the first half of 2010, although Max Payne 3 has been pushed back somewhat.
The eagerly-awaited third Max Payne game will now be released in the fourth quarter of 2010, according to word from the game maker, a Christmas release seemingly likely.
"Take-Two has a strong pipeline of titles that remain on plan for launch in 2010, including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption," beams word from the publisher. "BioShock 2 is on target for a global release on February 9, 2010, and Red Dead Redemption is planned for April 27, 2010.
"Mafia II is scheduled to follow during the first half of calendar 2010, and Max Payne 3 is now planned for release during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010."
The firm also reveals that a secret, "unnamed AAA" game has also been pushed back. Who knows what this title was a new Grand Theft Auto instalment?
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light