Max Payne 3 slips at Take-Two
Chatting at the unveiling of their latest financial results, Rockstar owners Take-Two have revealed that Mafia II is on target for release in the first half of 2010, although Max Payne 3 has been pushed back somewhat.
The eagerly-awaited third Max Payne game will now be released in the fourth quarter of 2010, according to word from the game maker, a Christmas release seemingly likely.
"Take-Two has a strong pipeline of titles that remain on plan for launch in 2010, including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption," beams word from the publisher. "BioShock 2 is on target for a global release on February 9, 2010, and Red Dead Redemption is planned for April 27, 2010.
"Mafia II is scheduled to follow during the first half of calendar 2010, and Max Payne 3 is now planned for release during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010."
The firm also reveals that a secret, "unnamed AAA" game has also been pushed back. Who knows what this title was a new Grand Theft Auto instalment?
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny