Max Payne 3 slips at Take-Two
Chatting at the unveiling of their latest financial results, Rockstar owners Take-Two have revealed that Mafia II is on target for release in the first half of 2010, although Max Payne 3 has been pushed back somewhat.
The eagerly-awaited third Max Payne game will now be released in the fourth quarter of 2010, according to word from the game maker, a Christmas release seemingly likely.
"Take-Two has a strong pipeline of titles that remain on plan for launch in 2010, including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption," beams word from the publisher. "BioShock 2 is on target for a global release on February 9, 2010, and Red Dead Redemption is planned for April 27, 2010.
"Mafia II is scheduled to follow during the first half of calendar 2010, and Max Payne 3 is now planned for release during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010."
The firm also reveals that a secret, "unnamed AAA" game has also been pushed back. Who knows what this title was a new Grand Theft Auto instalment?
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year