Max Payne 3 slips at Take-Two
Chatting at the unveiling of their latest financial results, Rockstar owners Take-Two have revealed that Mafia II is on target for release in the first half of 2010, although Max Payne 3 has been pushed back somewhat.
The eagerly-awaited third Max Payne game will now be released in the fourth quarter of 2010, according to word from the game maker, a Christmas release seemingly likely.
"Take-Two has a strong pipeline of titles that remain on plan for launch in 2010, including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption," beams word from the publisher. "BioShock 2 is on target for a global release on February 9, 2010, and Red Dead Redemption is planned for April 27, 2010.
"Mafia II is scheduled to follow during the first half of calendar 2010, and Max Payne 3 is now planned for release during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010."
The firm also reveals that a secret, "unnamed AAA" game has also been pushed back. Who knows what this title was a new Grand Theft Auto instalment?
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO