Wii is fastest UK seller ever
The Wii console has become the UK's fastest selling console of all time, selling 6 million units in less than three years.
The console launched in December 2006, and the six million milestone was reportedly passed last week.
"With its inclusive, family friendly and fun nature, we're very pleased Wii seems to have captured the imagination of over six million families across the UK and reached such a landmark sales figure in such a short space of time. We'll work even harder to ensure that the interest in Wii stretches over months and years, appealing to people of all ages and gaming experience," Nintendo exec David Yarnton enthuses.
More Wii news very soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3