Wii is fastest UK seller ever
The Wii console has become the UK's fastest selling console of all time, selling 6 million units in less than three years.
The console launched in December 2006, and the six million milestone was reportedly passed last week.
"With its inclusive, family friendly and fun nature, we're very pleased Wii seems to have captured the imagination of over six million families across the UK and reached such a landmark sales figure in such a short space of time. We'll work even harder to ensure that the interest in Wii stretches over months and years, appealing to people of all ages and gaming experience," Nintendo exec David Yarnton enthuses.
More Wii news very soon.
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation