Wii is fastest UK seller ever
The Wii console has become the UK's fastest selling console of all time, selling 6 million units in less than three years.
The console launched in December 2006, and the six million milestone was reportedly passed last week.
"With its inclusive, family friendly and fun nature, we're very pleased Wii seems to have captured the imagination of over six million families across the UK and reached such a landmark sales figure in such a short space of time. We'll work even harder to ensure that the interest in Wii stretches over months and years, appealing to people of all ages and gaming experience," Nintendo exec David Yarnton enthuses.
More Wii news very soon.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny