Wii is fastest UK seller ever
The Wii console has become the UK's fastest selling console of all time, selling 6 million units in less than three years.
The console launched in December 2006, and the six million milestone was reportedly passed last week.
"With its inclusive, family friendly and fun nature, we're very pleased Wii seems to have captured the imagination of over six million families across the UK and reached such a landmark sales figure in such a short space of time. We'll work even harder to ensure that the interest in Wii stretches over months and years, appealing to people of all ages and gaming experience," Nintendo exec David Yarnton enthuses.
More Wii news very soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year