ATI inches NVIDIA with new chips
After last week's announcement that NVIDIA had tapped out (design finalised), its new NV40 chip comes word that not only has ATI done the same for their new R420 chip but that it is also ready to send off some samples to manufacturers. This means they may well have a month's lead over their rivals when it is time to build new cards in quantity. Both companies are sure to reveal the new stuff at this year's CeBit show, with cards expected to be on the shelves sometime around April or May.
Rumours abound over the capabilities of this next-generation in graphics hardware, one thing is for sure though, as these are the first real new chips designed from the ground-up in some time we should see some very impressive results indeed.
We await a free supply of cards with baited breath, hopefully.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year