ATI inches NVIDIA with new chips
After last week's announcement that NVIDIA had tapped out (design finalised), its new NV40 chip comes word that not only has ATI done the same for their new R420 chip but that it is also ready to send off some samples to manufacturers. This means they may well have a month's lead over their rivals when it is time to build new cards in quantity. Both companies are sure to reveal the new stuff at this year's CeBit show, with cards expected to be on the shelves sometime around April or May.
Rumours abound over the capabilities of this next-generation in graphics hardware, one thing is for sure though, as these are the first real new chips designed from the ground-up in some time we should see some very impressive results indeed.
We await a free supply of cards with baited breath, hopefully.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One