ATI inches NVIDIA with new chips
After last week's announcement that NVIDIA had tapped out (design finalised), its new NV40 chip comes word that not only has ATI done the same for their new R420 chip but that it is also ready to send off some samples to manufacturers. This means they may well have a month's lead over their rivals when it is time to build new cards in quantity. Both companies are sure to reveal the new stuff at this year's CeBit show, with cards expected to be on the shelves sometime around April or May.
Rumours abound over the capabilities of this next-generation in graphics hardware, one thing is for sure though, as these are the first real new chips designed from the ground-up in some time we should see some very impressive results indeed.
We await a free supply of cards with baited breath, hopefully.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below