ATI inches NVIDIA with new chips
After last week's announcement that NVIDIA had tapped out (design finalised), its new NV40 chip comes word that not only has ATI done the same for their new R420 chip but that it is also ready to send off some samples to manufacturers. This means they may well have a month's lead over their rivals when it is time to build new cards in quantity. Both companies are sure to reveal the new stuff at this year's CeBit show, with cards expected to be on the shelves sometime around April or May.
Rumours abound over the capabilities of this next-generation in graphics hardware, one thing is for sure though, as these are the first real new chips designed from the ground-up in some time we should see some very impressive results indeed.
We await a free supply of cards with baited breath, hopefully.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator