ATI inches NVIDIA with new chips
After last week's announcement that NVIDIA had tapped out (design finalised), its new NV40 chip comes word that not only has ATI done the same for their new R420 chip but that it is also ready to send off some samples to manufacturers. This means they may well have a month's lead over their rivals when it is time to build new cards in quantity. Both companies are sure to reveal the new stuff at this year's CeBit show, with cards expected to be on the shelves sometime around April or May.
Rumours abound over the capabilities of this next-generation in graphics hardware, one thing is for sure though, as these are the first real new chips designed from the ground-up in some time we should see some very impressive results indeed.
We await a free supply of cards with baited breath, hopefully.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015