Germany to ban US version of Modern Warfare 2
Recently, by authority of the BPjM (that's the Bundesprufstelle fur jugendgefahrdende Medien - the German censorship board basically), the PC editions of the US Modern Warfare 2 and the UK Left for Dead 2 were announced as banned titles in Germany.
As reported by PC Games Hardware, this decision was made in November and took effect 1 Dec, 2009. It seems likely that the US MW2 was nixed due to the controversial airport level, which apparently does not appear in the German edition. That said, we have thus far not seen any official reason for either titles' dismissal.
Interestingly enough, the ban currently only affects the specific PC version of each title. Console and German versions can still be sold along with the UK MW2 and the US L4D2. A bit odd, but more rulings could be made in the near future.
Stop back in for more news as we get it.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released