Germany to ban US version of Modern Warfare 2
Recently, by authority of the BPjM (that's the Bundesprufstelle fur jugendgefahrdende Medien - the German censorship board basically), the PC editions of the US Modern Warfare 2 and the UK Left for Dead 2 were announced as banned titles in Germany.
As reported by PC Games Hardware, this decision was made in November and took effect 1 Dec, 2009. It seems likely that the US MW2 was nixed due to the controversial airport level, which apparently does not appear in the German edition. That said, we have thus far not seen any official reason for either titles' dismissal.
Interestingly enough, the ban currently only affects the specific PC version of each title. Console and German versions can still be sold along with the UK MW2 and the US L4D2. A bit odd, but more rulings could be made in the near future.
Stop back in for more news as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year