Veteran composer leaves Konami
Veteran game audio man Akira Yamaoka has confirmed he is leaving Konami after 16 years at the games publisher.
Yamaoka is most famous for his work on the eerie soundtrack to the Silent Hill series.
Indeed the composer has worked on every title in the long running survival-horror series, except a couple of the very early spin-offs.
It is unclear where Yamaoka will head next - but the Silent Hill series won't be the same without him.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition