Veteran composer leaves Konami
Veteran game audio man Akira Yamaoka has confirmed he is leaving Konami after 16 years at the games publisher.
Yamaoka is most famous for his work on the eerie soundtrack to the Silent Hill series.
Indeed the composer has worked on every title in the long running survival-horror series, except a couple of the very early spin-offs.
It is unclear where Yamaoka will head next - but the Silent Hill series won't be the same without him.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date