Veteran composer leaves Konami
Veteran game audio man Akira Yamaoka has confirmed he is leaving Konami after 16 years at the games publisher.
Yamaoka is most famous for his work on the eerie soundtrack to the Silent Hill series.
Indeed the composer has worked on every title in the long running survival-horror series, except a couple of the very early spin-offs.
It is unclear where Yamaoka will head next - but the Silent Hill series won't be the same without him.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone