Veteran composer leaves Konami
Veteran game audio man Akira Yamaoka has confirmed he is leaving Konami after 16 years at the games publisher.
Yamaoka is most famous for his work on the eerie soundtrack to the Silent Hill series.
Indeed the composer has worked on every title in the long running survival-horror series, except a couple of the very early spin-offs.
It is unclear where Yamaoka will head next - but the Silent Hill series won't be the same without him.
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2