HMV sale highlights PSPgo problems
UK retailer lowers price of Sony's new handheld for a few hours, putting the spotlight on lukewarm sales and criticism of pricing disparities between PSPgo and older models.
For just a few short hours, HMV dropped the price of PSPgo to 149 GP in an effort to kick start slow sales of the portable. Since it launched at the beginning of October, PSPgo has come under fire for its high price tag which has incited little enthusiasm.
The temporary sale demonstrates the desire within HMV for more competitive pricing, which is a sentiment most likely shared by other retailers.
A Sony-sanctioned price reduction could be effective in culling interest in the handheld, particularly in the US where sales of PSP were down in October from the previously month despite the release of PSPgo.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light