Ubisoft banking on Natal, PS3 motion controller
CEO Yves Guillemot reveals 10 games in development for Microsoft's Project Natal and a handful for Sony's PS3 motion controller.
A batch of casual games are under development for Xbox 360 and PS3 that will take advantage of new motion control peripherals for both consoles expected in 2010, Ubisoft's Guillemot announced during a conference call Monday.
The decision to invest in Project Natal and PS3 motion controller games could be seen as a response to poor sales of Wii titles. Ubisoft has not been able to capitalise on huge Wii hardware sales, resulting in losses for games like Rabbids Go Home.
Better-than-expected sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles such as Assassin's Creed 2, however, may lead the way for greater success of motion-controlled games on those consoles. Guillemot said to expect 10 games in the months following the release of Project Natal and 4-5 for the PS3 motion controller in spring 2010.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III