Ubisoft banking on Natal, PS3 motion controller
CEO Yves Guillemot reveals 10 games in development for Microsoft's Project Natal and a handful for Sony's PS3 motion controller.
A batch of casual games are under development for Xbox 360 and PS3 that will take advantage of new motion control peripherals for both consoles expected in 2010, Ubisoft's Guillemot announced during a conference call Monday.
The decision to invest in Project Natal and PS3 motion controller games could be seen as a response to poor sales of Wii titles. Ubisoft has not been able to capitalise on huge Wii hardware sales, resulting in losses for games like Rabbids Go Home.
Better-than-expected sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles such as Assassin's Creed 2, however, may lead the way for greater success of motion-controlled games on those consoles. Guillemot said to expect 10 games in the months following the release of Project Natal and 4-5 for the PS3 motion controller in spring 2010.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3