Ubisoft banking on Natal, PS3 motion controller
CEO Yves Guillemot reveals 10 games in development for Microsoft's Project Natal and a handful for Sony's PS3 motion controller.
A batch of casual games are under development for Xbox 360 and PS3 that will take advantage of new motion control peripherals for both consoles expected in 2010, Ubisoft's Guillemot announced during a conference call Monday.
The decision to invest in Project Natal and PS3 motion controller games could be seen as a response to poor sales of Wii titles. Ubisoft has not been able to capitalise on huge Wii hardware sales, resulting in losses for games like Rabbids Go Home.
Better-than-expected sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles such as Assassin's Creed 2, however, may lead the way for greater success of motion-controlled games on those consoles. Guillemot said to expect 10 games in the months following the release of Project Natal and 4-5 for the PS3 motion controller in spring 2010.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer