Ubisoft banking on Natal, PS3 motion controller
CEO Yves Guillemot reveals 10 games in development for Microsoft's Project Natal and a handful for Sony's PS3 motion controller.
A batch of casual games are under development for Xbox 360 and PS3 that will take advantage of new motion control peripherals for both consoles expected in 2010, Ubisoft's Guillemot announced during a conference call Monday.
The decision to invest in Project Natal and PS3 motion controller games could be seen as a response to poor sales of Wii titles. Ubisoft has not been able to capitalise on huge Wii hardware sales, resulting in losses for games like Rabbids Go Home.
Better-than-expected sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles such as Assassin's Creed 2, however, may lead the way for greater success of motion-controlled games on those consoles. Guillemot said to expect 10 games in the months following the release of Project Natal and 4-5 for the PS3 motion controller in spring 2010.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release