Ubisoft banking on Natal, PS3 motion controller
CEO Yves Guillemot reveals 10 games in development for Microsoft's Project Natal and a handful for Sony's PS3 motion controller.
A batch of casual games are under development for Xbox 360 and PS3 that will take advantage of new motion control peripherals for both consoles expected in 2010, Ubisoft's Guillemot announced during a conference call Monday.
The decision to invest in Project Natal and PS3 motion controller games could be seen as a response to poor sales of Wii titles. Ubisoft has not been able to capitalise on huge Wii hardware sales, resulting in losses for games like Rabbids Go Home.
Better-than-expected sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles such as Assassin's Creed 2, however, may lead the way for greater success of motion-controlled games on those consoles. Guillemot said to expect 10 games in the months following the release of Project Natal and 4-5 for the PS3 motion controller in spring 2010.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year