Spotify play down console talk
Free music phenomenon Spotify could be on the way to consoles, if rumour reported this morning online can be believed.
Spotify offers an iTunes-style service for free, funded by advertising, and it is already available on the PC, Mac and iPhone in some regions.
Now, Baxy-Z says that the software could make it to the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, if an insider leak is to be believed. Last.fm has been going down very well on Xbox Live since launching two weeks ago.
"We've been working on it for some time now and we can't wait to reveal it to you guys," teases the insider source.
Update: It seems this idle gossip was incorrect, Spotify offering this to IncGamers: "We've always said that we want to be on as many devices as possible so that we can bring music to wherever our users are, but there's no truth to these 'anonymous' rumours about Spotify coming to game consoles any time soon."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto