Spotify play down console talk
Free music phenomenon Spotify could be on the way to consoles, if rumour reported this morning online can be believed.
Spotify offers an iTunes-style service for free, funded by advertising, and it is already available on the PC, Mac and iPhone in some regions.
Now, Baxy-Z says that the software could make it to the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, if an insider leak is to be believed. Last.fm has been going down very well on Xbox Live since launching two weeks ago.
"We've been working on it for some time now and we can't wait to reveal it to you guys," teases the insider source.
Update: It seems this idle gossip was incorrect, Spotify offering this to IncGamers: "We've always said that we want to be on as many devices as possible so that we can bring music to wherever our users are, but there's no truth to these 'anonymous' rumours about Spotify coming to game consoles any time soon."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One