Spotify play down console talk
Free music phenomenon Spotify could be on the way to consoles, if rumour reported this morning online can be believed.
Spotify offers an iTunes-style service for free, funded by advertising, and it is already available on the PC, Mac and iPhone in some regions.
Now, Baxy-Z says that the software could make it to the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, if an insider leak is to be believed. Last.fm has been going down very well on Xbox Live since launching two weeks ago.
"We've been working on it for some time now and we can't wait to reveal it to you guys," teases the insider source.
Update: It seems this idle gossip was incorrect, Spotify offering this to IncGamers: "We've always said that we want to be on as many devices as possible so that we can bring music to wherever our users are, but there's no truth to these 'anonymous' rumours about Spotify coming to game consoles any time soon."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title