Spotify play down console talk
Free music phenomenon Spotify could be on the way to consoles, if rumour reported this morning online can be believed.
Spotify offers an iTunes-style service for free, funded by advertising, and it is already available on the PC, Mac and iPhone in some regions.
Now, Baxy-Z says that the software could make it to the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, if an insider leak is to be believed. Last.fm has been going down very well on Xbox Live since launching two weeks ago.
"We've been working on it for some time now and we can't wait to reveal it to you guys," teases the insider source.
Update: It seems this idle gossip was incorrect, Spotify offering this to IncGamers: "We've always said that we want to be on as many devices as possible so that we can bring music to wherever our users are, but there's no truth to these 'anonymous' rumours about Spotify coming to game consoles any time soon."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny