Spotify play down console talk
Free music phenomenon Spotify could be on the way to consoles, if rumour reported this morning online can be believed.
Spotify offers an iTunes-style service for free, funded by advertising, and it is already available on the PC, Mac and iPhone in some regions.
Now, Baxy-Z says that the software could make it to the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, if an insider leak is to be believed. Last.fm has been going down very well on Xbox Live since launching two weeks ago.
"We've been working on it for some time now and we can't wait to reveal it to you guys," teases the insider source.
Update: It seems this idle gossip was incorrect, Spotify offering this to IncGamers: "We've always said that we want to be on as many devices as possible so that we can bring music to wherever our users are, but there's no truth to these 'anonymous' rumours about Spotify coming to game consoles any time soon."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent