New game trademarks revealed
Since all the fun generated by the recent GTA trademark revelations at the US Patents office, perusing their online database for scoops on new games has become something of a fascination for those among us with time to burn. The latest round of endeavour hasn't quite reached the excitement-levels of the GTA expose, but has certainly offered a few potential sequels in the offing.
First up is Midway's registration of Mortal Kombat: Deception, filed on January 7th - and heavily suggesting that a new beat-em-up in their popular series is under way bearing this moniker. Travelling across the Pacific to the Japanese database, and we've also learnt that Namco have registered what could well be an R: Racing sequel, titled R: Racing Rivals, which was submitted last November.
How exciting all this digging is - try it for yourself here, its more than a little compelling.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer