New game trademarks revealed
Since all the fun generated by the recent GTA trademark revelations at the US Patents office, perusing their online database for scoops on new games has become something of a fascination for those among us with time to burn. The latest round of endeavour hasn't quite reached the excitement-levels of the GTA expose, but has certainly offered a few potential sequels in the offing.
First up is Midway's registration of Mortal Kombat: Deception, filed on January 7th - and heavily suggesting that a new beat-em-up in their popular series is under way bearing this moniker. Travelling across the Pacific to the Japanese database, and we've also learnt that Namco have registered what could well be an R: Racing sequel, titled R: Racing Rivals, which was submitted last November.
How exciting all this digging is - try it for yourself here, its more than a little compelling.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching