New game trademarks revealed
Since all the fun generated by the recent GTA trademark revelations at the US Patents office, perusing their online database for scoops on new games has become something of a fascination for those among us with time to burn. The latest round of endeavour hasn't quite reached the excitement-levels of the GTA expose, but has certainly offered a few potential sequels in the offing.
First up is Midway's registration of Mortal Kombat: Deception, filed on January 7th - and heavily suggesting that a new beat-em-up in their popular series is under way bearing this moniker. Travelling across the Pacific to the Japanese database, and we've also learnt that Namco have registered what could well be an R: Racing sequel, titled R: Racing Rivals, which was submitted last November.
How exciting all this digging is - try it for yourself here, its more than a little compelling.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015