New game trademarks revealed
Since all the fun generated by the recent GTA trademark revelations at the US Patents office, perusing their online database for scoops on new games has become something of a fascination for those among us with time to burn. The latest round of endeavour hasn't quite reached the excitement-levels of the GTA expose, but has certainly offered a few potential sequels in the offing.
First up is Midway's registration of Mortal Kombat: Deception, filed on January 7th - and heavily suggesting that a new beat-em-up in their popular series is under way bearing this moniker. Travelling across the Pacific to the Japanese database, and we've also learnt that Namco have registered what could well be an R: Racing sequel, titled R: Racing Rivals, which was submitted last November.
How exciting all this digging is - try it for yourself here, its more than a little compelling.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave