Brink developer unsure over PS3 tech
Paul Wedgwood, boss of Brink creators Splash Damage, has admitted that working with the PS3 is proving something of a development challenge, describing the system as 'alien'.
"I would say that the biggest challenge is that transition from being a pure PC studio to a multiplatform one," Wedgwood told Eurogamer.net on the challenges his outfit have faced.
"To me as a game director there are some things that are just alien, like PlayStation 3 technology and job systems, that I find it really difficult to get my head around."
Wedgwood did of course start out as something of a mod scene pioneer on the PC, but luckily "we have Dean Calver who was lead programmer on Heavenly Sword as lead programmer on Brink."
More Brink news very soon.
- More details drop on Destiny's upcoming House Of Wolves expansion
- Far Cry 4: Complete Edition is on its way, just not for Xbox One
- Pre-House Of Wolves patch hits Destiny today, won't be activated until a later date
- SEGA will not have a booth at E3 this year
- Hearthstone hits 30 million registered users
- Oculus Rift confirms the VR headset will launch for consumers early in 2016
- Microsoft confirms DirectX 12 will allow PC users to use multiple graphics processors
- First images from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 appear
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow