Brink developer unsure over PS3 tech
Paul Wedgwood, boss of Brink creators Splash Damage, has admitted that working with the PS3 is proving something of a development challenge, describing the system as 'alien'.
"I would say that the biggest challenge is that transition from being a pure PC studio to a multiplatform one," Wedgwood told Eurogamer.net on the challenges his outfit have faced.
"To me as a game director there are some things that are just alien, like PlayStation 3 technology and job systems, that I find it really difficult to get my head around."
Wedgwood did of course start out as something of a mod scene pioneer on the PC, but luckily "we have Dean Calver who was lead programmer on Heavenly Sword as lead programmer on Brink."
More Brink news very soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light