Brink developer unsure over PS3 tech
Paul Wedgwood, boss of Brink creators Splash Damage, has admitted that working with the PS3 is proving something of a development challenge, describing the system as 'alien'.
"I would say that the biggest challenge is that transition from being a pure PC studio to a multiplatform one," Wedgwood told Eurogamer.net on the challenges his outfit have faced.
"To me as a game director there are some things that are just alien, like PlayStation 3 technology and job systems, that I find it really difficult to get my head around."
Wedgwood did of course start out as something of a mod scene pioneer on the PC, but luckily "we have Dean Calver who was lead programmer on Heavenly Sword as lead programmer on Brink."
More Brink news very soon.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft