Brink developer unsure over PS3 tech
Paul Wedgwood, boss of Brink creators Splash Damage, has admitted that working with the PS3 is proving something of a development challenge, describing the system as 'alien'.
"I would say that the biggest challenge is that transition from being a pure PC studio to a multiplatform one," Wedgwood told Eurogamer.net on the challenges his outfit have faced.
"To me as a game director there are some things that are just alien, like PlayStation 3 technology and job systems, that I find it really difficult to get my head around."
Wedgwood did of course start out as something of a mod scene pioneer on the PC, but luckily "we have Dean Calver who was lead programmer on Heavenly Sword as lead programmer on Brink."
More Brink news very soon.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update