BioWare coy about Mass Effect PS3
Discussing the development of the PS3 version of Dragon Age: Origins, Destructoid pressed BioWare's Greg Zeschuk about the company's plans for Mass Effect on PS3 and his reply was less than convincing.
Zeschuk confirmed future iterations of the Dragon Age series will appear on PS3, but it was his response regarding a multi-platform Mass Effect that got our attention.
"We're not saying anything about Mass Effect for PS3. I don't know anything about that!" As if that wasn't enough of a dodge, Zeschuk rails, "That's crazy talk."
BioWare and parent company EA have yet to announce a release for Mass Effect 2 on platforms other than Xbox 360 and PC, but the recent boost in sales for PS3 make it an attractive proposition. Zeschuk's lukewarm rebuke of a PS3 version could be indicative of a potential Mass Effect debut on the console.
Mass Effect 2 is slated for release in January.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title