BioWare coy about Mass Effect PS3
Discussing the development of the PS3 version of Dragon Age: Origins, Destructoid pressed BioWare's Greg Zeschuk about the company's plans for Mass Effect on PS3 and his reply was less than convincing.
Zeschuk confirmed future iterations of the Dragon Age series will appear on PS3, but it was his response regarding a multi-platform Mass Effect that got our attention.
"We're not saying anything about Mass Effect for PS3. I don't know anything about that!" As if that wasn't enough of a dodge, Zeschuk rails, "That's crazy talk."
BioWare and parent company EA have yet to announce a release for Mass Effect 2 on platforms other than Xbox 360 and PC, but the recent boost in sales for PS3 make it an attractive proposition. Zeschuk's lukewarm rebuke of a PS3 version could be indicative of a potential Mass Effect debut on the console.
Mass Effect 2 is slated for release in January.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3