Big cut backs at Championship Manager team
Beautiful Game Studios, the creators of Championship Manager, have announced plans to lay-off some 80 percent of their staff. That's the word in from GI.biz.
In order to cut costs following disappointing sales, jobs will be moved to China, while the London studio will exist in order to promote the brand - with Roy Meredith still at the helm.
BGS was acquired by Square Enix as part of the Japanese developer's take-over of Eidos Interactive earlier this year - while Championship Manager is of course the original creation of Football Manager developer Sports Interactive.
More ChampMan news as we get it.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year