Big cut backs at Championship Manager team
Beautiful Game Studios, the creators of Championship Manager, have announced plans to lay-off some 80 percent of their staff. That's the word in from GI.biz.
In order to cut costs following disappointing sales, jobs will be moved to China, while the London studio will exist in order to promote the brand - with Roy Meredith still at the helm.
BGS was acquired by Square Enix as part of the Japanese developer's take-over of Eidos Interactive earlier this year - while Championship Manager is of course the original creation of Football Manager developer Sports Interactive.
More ChampMan news as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3