Big cut backs at Championship Manager team
Beautiful Game Studios, the creators of Championship Manager, have announced plans to lay-off some 80 percent of their staff. That's the word in from GI.biz.
In order to cut costs following disappointing sales, jobs will be moved to China, while the London studio will exist in order to promote the brand - with Roy Meredith still at the helm.
BGS was acquired by Square Enix as part of the Japanese developer's take-over of Eidos Interactive earlier this year - while Championship Manager is of course the original creation of Football Manager developer Sports Interactive.
More ChampMan news as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer