No Diablo III in 2010
Keep holding your breath: Blizzard executive Rob Pardo all but confirms that the third instalment of the mammoth RPG series won't emerge from the depths of development until well after 2010 is through.
In an interview with Techland, Pardo says not to expect Diablo III in 2010. "I think it's safe to say that, yeah, [it] is not going to be out next year."
While disappointing, it shouldn't come as too much a shock. Blizzard has a history of long delays; moreover, the developer pledged a 2010 for StarCraft II, having long ago claimed that it would be released before Diablo III.
Don't forget the next World of Warcraft expansion pack, Cataclysm, which is being furiously worked on for debut sometime next year too.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week