No Diablo III in 2010
Keep holding your breath: Blizzard executive Rob Pardo all but confirms that the third instalment of the mammoth RPG series won't emerge from the depths of development until well after 2010 is through.
In an interview with Techland, Pardo says not to expect Diablo III in 2010. "I think it's safe to say that, yeah, [it] is not going to be out next year."
While disappointing, it shouldn't come as too much a shock. Blizzard has a history of long delays; moreover, the developer pledged a 2010 for StarCraft II, having long ago claimed that it would be released before Diablo III.
Don't forget the next World of Warcraft expansion pack, Cataclysm, which is being furiously worked on for debut sometime next year too.
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4