No Diablo III in 2010
Keep holding your breath: Blizzard executive Rob Pardo all but confirms that the third instalment of the mammoth RPG series won't emerge from the depths of development until well after 2010 is through.
In an interview with Techland, Pardo says not to expect Diablo III in 2010. "I think it's safe to say that, yeah, [it] is not going to be out next year."
While disappointing, it shouldn't come as too much a shock. Blizzard has a history of long delays; moreover, the developer pledged a 2010 for StarCraft II, having long ago claimed that it would be released before Diablo III.
Don't forget the next World of Warcraft expansion pack, Cataclysm, which is being furiously worked on for debut sometime next year too.
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15