No Diablo III in 2010
Keep holding your breath: Blizzard executive Rob Pardo all but confirms that the third instalment of the mammoth RPG series won't emerge from the depths of development until well after 2010 is through.
In an interview with Techland, Pardo says not to expect Diablo III in 2010. "I think it's safe to say that, yeah, [it] is not going to be out next year."
While disappointing, it shouldn't come as too much a shock. Blizzard has a history of long delays; moreover, the developer pledged a 2010 for StarCraft II, having long ago claimed that it would be released before Diablo III.
Don't forget the next World of Warcraft expansion pack, Cataclysm, which is being furiously worked on for debut sometime next year too.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year