No Diablo III in 2010
Keep holding your breath: Blizzard executive Rob Pardo all but confirms that the third instalment of the mammoth RPG series won't emerge from the depths of development until well after 2010 is through.
In an interview with Techland, Pardo says not to expect Diablo III in 2010. "I think it's safe to say that, yeah, [it] is not going to be out next year."
While disappointing, it shouldn't come as too much a shock. Blizzard has a history of long delays; moreover, the developer pledged a 2010 for StarCraft II, having long ago claimed that it would be released before Diablo III.
Don't forget the next World of Warcraft expansion pack, Cataclysm, which is being furiously worked on for debut sometime next year too.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer