Guitar Hero could go subscription-based
Rumour has it that Guitar Hero could soon shift to a subscription-based business model, similar to popular MMO games like World of Warcraft.
Speaking with The Seattle Times, Red Octane executive Kai Huang moots the idea of an ongoing subscription replacing the current approach to downloadable tracks and other DLC.
"That's definitely one of the things we would love to do. There are a lot of issues around music licensing. Customers want it. I know I want it. We're trying to make that happen," Huang told the newspaper.
Huang is obviously confident - and this approach might be one way of locking in players to the series, while at the same time bucking a trend that has seen music game sales stagnate.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year