Guitar Hero could go subscription-based
Rumour has it that Guitar Hero could soon shift to a subscription-based business model, similar to popular MMO games like World of Warcraft.
Speaking with The Seattle Times, Red Octane executive Kai Huang moots the idea of an ongoing subscription replacing the current approach to downloadable tracks and other DLC.
"That's definitely one of the things we would love to do. There are a lot of issues around music licensing. Customers want it. I know I want it. We're trying to make that happen," Huang told the newspaper.
Huang is obviously confident - and this approach might be one way of locking in players to the series, while at the same time bucking a trend that has seen music game sales stagnate.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey