New tournament revealed for Game Stars
ELSPA, the trade body behind this September's Game Stars Live showcase in London's ExCeL centre, have upped the ante in their controversial competition with London Games Week by announcing a new multiplayer tournament to be held at the show in association with World Cyber Games.
The European Online Gaming Championship will involve various challenges for every day of the show, which runs from September 1st to the 5th. With the competition still some months off, qualifying heats are just getting underway through online leagues and competitions held at iGames LAN centres throughout the UK. A number of unique and impressive prizes will be provided by ELSPA, and spectators will receive free entry with their Game Stars ticket. Finally, the competitions will be broadcast on ITV's tie-in show.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit