New tournament revealed for Game Stars
ELSPA, the trade body behind this September's Game Stars Live showcase in London's ExCeL centre, have upped the ante in their controversial competition with London Games Week by announcing a new multiplayer tournament to be held at the show in association with World Cyber Games.
The European Online Gaming Championship will involve various challenges for every day of the show, which runs from September 1st to the 5th. With the competition still some months off, qualifying heats are just getting underway through online leagues and competitions held at iGames LAN centres throughout the UK. A number of unique and impressive prizes will be provided by ELSPA, and spectators will receive free entry with their Game Stars ticket. Finally, the competitions will be broadcast on ITV's tie-in show.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3