New tournament revealed for Game Stars
ELSPA, the trade body behind this September's Game Stars Live showcase in London's ExCeL centre, have upped the ante in their controversial competition with London Games Week by announcing a new multiplayer tournament to be held at the show in association with World Cyber Games.
The European Online Gaming Championship will involve various challenges for every day of the show, which runs from September 1st to the 5th. With the competition still some months off, qualifying heats are just getting underway through online leagues and competitions held at iGames LAN centres throughout the UK. A number of unique and impressive prizes will be provided by ELSPA, and spectators will receive free entry with their Game Stars ticket. Finally, the competitions will be broadcast on ITV's tie-in show.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced