New tournament revealed for Game Stars
ELSPA, the trade body behind this September's Game Stars Live showcase in London's ExCeL centre, have upped the ante in their controversial competition with London Games Week by announcing a new multiplayer tournament to be held at the show in association with World Cyber Games.
The European Online Gaming Championship will involve various challenges for every day of the show, which runs from September 1st to the 5th. With the competition still some months off, qualifying heats are just getting underway through online leagues and competitions held at iGames LAN centres throughout the UK. A number of unique and impressive prizes will be provided by ELSPA, and spectators will receive free entry with their Game Stars ticket. Finally, the competitions will be broadcast on ITV's tie-in show.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch