New tournament revealed for Game Stars
ELSPA, the trade body behind this September's Game Stars Live showcase in London's ExCeL centre, have upped the ante in their controversial competition with London Games Week by announcing a new multiplayer tournament to be held at the show in association with World Cyber Games.
The European Online Gaming Championship will involve various challenges for every day of the show, which runs from September 1st to the 5th. With the competition still some months off, qualifying heats are just getting underway through online leagues and competitions held at iGames LAN centres throughout the UK. A number of unique and impressive prizes will be provided by ELSPA, and spectators will receive free entry with their Game Stars ticket. Finally, the competitions will be broadcast on ITV's tie-in show.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May