MW2 beats ACII to UK top spot
A gigantic 86 percent drop in sales be damned, Modern Warfare 2 is still the UK's best selling video game - last week's sales chart seeing Infinity Ward's FPS hang on to its leading status, despite big name competition.
In spite of the huge drop in weekly sales, Modern Warfare 2 beat Assassin's Creed II into second place, New Super Mario Bros. Wii entering the chart in third place.
Fellow new entry Left 4 Dead 2 lands in seventh place, while rest of the UK top ten is comprised of Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, FIFA 10, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Forza 3 and Lego Batman.
More sales news as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer