Sales of Wii console leap as Christmas nears
Having introduced a shiny black model, and a sizeable price cut, things are looking up for Nintendo with Christmas approaching - sales of the Wii console having rocketed.
Apparently, fourth-quarter sales have leapt some 60 percent over past quarters, Nintendo crediting the black Wii for a week-on-week doubling of sales.
"Of course it would be wrong to attribute all of this to Black Wii as we're all starting to see a natural peak season uplift on all hardware," executive Rob Lowe tells MCV.
"But we have been really pleased with Wii's performance over the last couple of weeks and the new Black Wii has certainly contributed to that. In fact Black hardware sales have doubled week-on-week."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year