Sales of Wii console leap as Christmas nears
Having introduced a shiny black model, and a sizeable price cut, things are looking up for Nintendo with Christmas approaching - sales of the Wii console having rocketed.
Apparently, fourth-quarter sales have leapt some 60 percent over past quarters, Nintendo crediting the black Wii for a week-on-week doubling of sales.
"Of course it would be wrong to attribute all of this to Black Wii as we're all starting to see a natural peak season uplift on all hardware," executive Rob Lowe tells MCV.
"But we have been really pleased with Wii's performance over the last couple of weeks and the new Black Wii has certainly contributed to that. In fact Black hardware sales have doubled week-on-week."
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online