Sales of Wii console leap as Christmas nears
Having introduced a shiny black model, and a sizeable price cut, things are looking up for Nintendo with Christmas approaching - sales of the Wii console having rocketed.
Apparently, fourth-quarter sales have leapt some 60 percent over past quarters, Nintendo crediting the black Wii for a week-on-week doubling of sales.
"Of course it would be wrong to attribute all of this to Black Wii as we're all starting to see a natural peak season uplift on all hardware," executive Rob Lowe tells MCV.
"But we have been really pleased with Wii's performance over the last couple of weeks and the new Black Wii has certainly contributed to that. In fact Black hardware sales have doubled week-on-week."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes