Sales of Wii console leap as Christmas nears
Having introduced a shiny black model, and a sizeable price cut, things are looking up for Nintendo with Christmas approaching - sales of the Wii console having rocketed.
Apparently, fourth-quarter sales have leapt some 60 percent over past quarters, Nintendo crediting the black Wii for a week-on-week doubling of sales.
"Of course it would be wrong to attribute all of this to Black Wii as we're all starting to see a natural peak season uplift on all hardware," executive Rob Lowe tells MCV.
"But we have been really pleased with Wii's performance over the last couple of weeks and the new Black Wii has certainly contributed to that. In fact Black hardware sales have doubled week-on-week."
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016