Sales of Wii console leap as Christmas nears
Having introduced a shiny black model, and a sizeable price cut, things are looking up for Nintendo with Christmas approaching - sales of the Wii console having rocketed.
Apparently, fourth-quarter sales have leapt some 60 percent over past quarters, Nintendo crediting the black Wii for a week-on-week doubling of sales.
"Of course it would be wrong to attribute all of this to Black Wii as we're all starting to see a natural peak season uplift on all hardware," executive Rob Lowe tells MCV.
"But we have been really pleased with Wii's performance over the last couple of weeks and the new Black Wii has certainly contributed to that. In fact Black hardware sales have doubled week-on-week."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year