Miyamoto unimpressed by 3D future
The PS3 and a range of other Sony devices may soon be going 3D-crazy, but veteran game designer Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't believe that 3D is the holy grail of video games development.
"I don't think everything needs to be 3D, or that just because we're seeing more 2D games now, that everything's going to shift back to 2D," Miyamoto offered, according to Destructoid.
"Instead, I think that what's going on is that people are realizing the benefits of a 3D game, and at the same time, remembering what the benefits of 2D games were. When going 2D, you need the courage to not be so attached to visual appearance of the games and to really pursue the gameplay experience."
More from Nintendo's talisman soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light