Valve cracks down on MW2 import keys
Those acquiring Modern Warfare 2 keys through import re-sellers could be in for a spot of bother, Valve having been asked by Activision to prevent access on Steam to these 'gray market' imports.
Some players have been complaining on the official Valve forums that their keys don't work - Activision attacking sales through sources like G2Play.net.
Activision and Valve call these third-party keys 'illegitimate', and urge players to buy a full key and seek a refund from these re-sellers.
Most of these odd-ball game keys are available for less than the price of the full title, but are legal in some parts of Asia, while Activision have been criticised for the move, which some critics regard as nothing more than corporate greed.
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer