UK spy agency recruiting on Xbox Live
GCHQ, the UK intelligence agency that supports the efforts of MI5 and MI6 (shaken, not stirred), has said it will run a new advertising drive on Xbox Live in order to garner fresh recruits.
Apparently, GCHQ are seeking talent linked to games - problem solving and quick thinking - and is also after the service's key demographic, 18 to 34 year-olds.
"As well as tackling 'traditional threats' GCHQ's work is also about helping government departments, such as the Ministry of Defense, to protect their information and communication systems," a rep offered.
"This means we can offer excellent training and careers for people with specialist technical skills. However, the fact remains that many potential candidates remain unaware of GCHQ and what we do. Using video on Xbox LIVE helps carry our message to the right people in a creative and innovative manner."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light