UK spy agency recruiting on Xbox Live
GCHQ, the UK intelligence agency that supports the efforts of MI5 and MI6 (shaken, not stirred), has said it will run a new advertising drive on Xbox Live in order to garner fresh recruits.
Apparently, GCHQ are seeking talent linked to games - problem solving and quick thinking - and is also after the service's key demographic, 18 to 34 year-olds.
"As well as tackling 'traditional threats' GCHQ's work is also about helping government departments, such as the Ministry of Defense, to protect their information and communication systems," a rep offered.
"This means we can offer excellent training and careers for people with specialist technical skills. However, the fact remains that many potential candidates remain unaware of GCHQ and what we do. Using video on Xbox LIVE helps carry our message to the right people in a creative and innovative manner."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent