UK spy agency recruiting on Xbox Live
GCHQ, the UK intelligence agency that supports the efforts of MI5 and MI6 (shaken, not stirred), has said it will run a new advertising drive on Xbox Live in order to garner fresh recruits.
Apparently, GCHQ are seeking talent linked to games - problem solving and quick thinking - and is also after the service's key demographic, 18 to 34 year-olds.
"As well as tackling 'traditional threats' GCHQ's work is also about helping government departments, such as the Ministry of Defense, to protect their information and communication systems," a rep offered.
"This means we can offer excellent training and careers for people with specialist technical skills. However, the fact remains that many potential candidates remain unaware of GCHQ and what we do. Using video on Xbox LIVE helps carry our message to the right people in a creative and innovative manner."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone