PS3 can support 3D - Sony
Speaking with investors, Sony have affirmed that all PS3 consoles can be upgraded to support stereoscopic 3D, via future Firmware updates. Rumours in the past have touched upon this feature.
Sony also state that they will embrace 3D via Blu-ray and HDTV updates in the future, the platform holder looking to set up a leading position in the 3D market.
As part of this initiative, Sony are looking to get their 3D projectors in 3,000 cinemas by the end of the year - CEO Howard Stringer vowing to deliver profitability by March 2011.
A 1 billion USD loss is expected for the year ending March 2010, while Sony pushes ahead with major restructuring.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III