PS3 can support 3D - Sony
Speaking with investors, Sony have affirmed that all PS3 consoles can be upgraded to support stereoscopic 3D, via future Firmware updates. Rumours in the past have touched upon this feature.
Sony also state that they will embrace 3D via Blu-ray and HDTV updates in the future, the platform holder looking to set up a leading position in the 3D market.
As part of this initiative, Sony are looking to get their 3D projectors in 3,000 cinemas by the end of the year - CEO Howard Stringer vowing to deliver profitability by March 2011.
A 1 billion USD loss is expected for the year ending March 2010, while Sony pushes ahead with major restructuring.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent