PS3 can support 3D - Sony
Speaking with investors, Sony have affirmed that all PS3 consoles can be upgraded to support stereoscopic 3D, via future Firmware updates. Rumours in the past have touched upon this feature.
Sony also state that they will embrace 3D via Blu-ray and HDTV updates in the future, the platform holder looking to set up a leading position in the 3D market.
As part of this initiative, Sony are looking to get their 3D projectors in 3,000 cinemas by the end of the year - CEO Howard Stringer vowing to deliver profitability by March 2011.
A 1 billion USD loss is expected for the year ending March 2010, while Sony pushes ahead with major restructuring.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access