EA opens second 'Active' store
Taking a leaf out of Apple's book, EA have been opening a number of bricks-and-mortar real world stores, promoting and selling the EA Sports Active range of fitness games in the United States.
San Francisco already has a store, and now we hear that Boston is getting an outlet too.
Special demonstrations of the software are on offer in store, from professional users, EA clearly hoping to attract the non-gaming lifestyle crowd via this approach.
It is unclear whether more EA Sports Active stores are planned, either in the US or elsewhere, perhaps because this is something of an experiment for the publisher.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3