EA opens second 'Active' store
Taking a leaf out of Apple's book, EA have been opening a number of bricks-and-mortar real world stores, promoting and selling the EA Sports Active range of fitness games in the United States.
San Francisco already has a store, and now we hear that Boston is getting an outlet too.
Special demonstrations of the software are on offer in store, from professional users, EA clearly hoping to attract the non-gaming lifestyle crowd via this approach.
It is unclear whether more EA Sports Active stores are planned, either in the US or elsewhere, perhaps because this is something of an experiment for the publisher.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title